Is your soap for your kids as tender as your touch?
Skin is at its most sensitive phase during the age of 0- 8 years and the need for skin-friendly soaps is recommended. And you have come to the right place if you are looking for the best soaps for your kids.
Using soaps which are made for adults, for your kids is a strict NO. The ingredients of these soaps are very harsh on your kid’s skin when used for a prolonged period of time hence; resulting in dry skin, skin infections, irritation, redness and so on. So, how can we prevent this from happening?
Market produces a large variety of baby and kids soaps to maintain and protect your dear ones’ skin. However certain things should be kept in mind while purchasing soap for your kids.
- Read the ingredients of the product and warning carefully.
- The soap should be free of harsh chemicals such as Parabens, SLS etcetera.
- Look for soaps which are non- toxic in nature.
- Purchasing and using hypoallergenic soap is a good option especially if your kid has a very sensitive skin or eczema.
- Look for soaps which have natural ingredients like honey, Shea butter, jojoba oil which moisturize the skin and are devoid of harmful ingredients.
- Always opt for a tear-free soap to prevent him/her from a painful experience while taking a bath.
- Scented soaps may be fragrant but contains huge amount of harsh chemicals which might affect your kid’s skin. It is always a good idea to use unscented soaps.
With a multitude of choices for soaps designed specifically for kids, choosing the best out of them is a task in itself.
If you find it hard to choose the best soap for your kid, continue reading, for we have come up with the 10 best soaps for kids to help you take the right choice! The below list has been prepared from honest reviews from users, doctors and communities, and customer feedback.
Here is the List of 10 Best Body Washes & Soaps For Kids to buy in India:
It is the best recommended soap for kids as it is free of any harmful ingredients like sulphates and parabens. It is a perfect choice for your kid’s soft and sensitive skin.
- Goat milk, Shea butter, Oat meal and coconut based cleansers.
- Free from parabens, sulphates and fragrance.
- It is tear-free.
- Made of natural ingredients like shea-butter, goat milk, oatmeal and coconut-based cleansers.
- It has pH 5.5 which maintains the texture of all kinds of skin types and is also safe for eczema- prone skin.
- Suits dry, sensitive and delicate skin and keeps the skin moisturized.
Are you looking for a natural, non-toxic and ayurvedic soap for your kid? Omved MRUDU Almond and Saffron soap is the right option. The ayurvedic ingredients not only nourish the skin but also hydrate the skin and maintains skin complexion.
The soap is made through cold- process saponification and hence has a creamy texture to the lather.
- Olive oil, plant-based glycerine, Aloe Vera, Almond milk, Kashmir saffron, and Almond oil.
- It is 100% non-toxic, ayurvedic soap.
- Devoid of sulphates, parabens, fragrance and added colours.
- Hydrates the skin and maintains internal moisture of the skin.
- Right pH which maintains the texture of the skin.
- It is a vegan and cruelty free soap.
- It consists of a blend of natural oils like olive oil and almond oil.
- The saffron and almond oil soothes the skin and maintains the skin complexion of your kid.
Himalaya is a brand which has proved its name in not just baby products but other products in women and men’s beauty category. The Himalaya gentle baby soap is a paediatrician recommended soap brand which uses natural ingredients to moisturize your baby’s skin.
The soap can also be used for your kids who are above the age of 2 years because the components are mild and skin- friendly. Usually kid soaps are expensive due to its organic make-up.
However, Himalaya gentle baby soap is organic as well as pocket-friendly, making it affordable for Indian middle class families.
- Almond oil and Olive oil.
- Natural ingredients like almond oil, olive oil and Vitamin E oil which maintains your kid’s skin.
- It is a light, gentle, mild and natural soap.
- Paediatrician recommended for babies and kids.
- It extracts dirt from the skin and maintains the skin complexion.
- It is not heavily scented hence making it suitable for daily use.
- Affordable rate makes it popular among the Indian middle class families.
Mee Mee Nourishing soap is a right pick for kids because it is 100% natural and organic. It is one of the safest soap brand for kids in India. Its natural ingredients like Aloe Vera, almond oil and milk extracts make it safe and gentle for the skin.
It does not contain any form of parabens, synthetic ingredients and minerals.
- Almond, Aloe Vera and Milk extracts
- It is 100% natural and organic with ingredients like Aloe Vera, milk extracts and almond.
- Aloe Vera and almond thoroughly moisturizes the little one’s skin.
- Mee Mee Nourishing soap is free of parabens, synthetic chemicals and minerals which makes it safe and suitable for baby’s and kid’s soft skin.
- It is suitable for both newborns and young children
- The soap is 100% tear-free and protects the baby’s eyes from the sting of the lather.
- It has a very mild fragrance which does not irritate baby’s nose.
- It is a preferred soap for dry skin type due to its moisturizing contents.
- It is extremely light and gentle for kid’s skin.
Johnson’s & Johnson’s is the most trusted baby care product brand in the world. It is the key player of baby care products in the Indian market with about 80% market share according to a recent report.
The Johnson’s baby soap is specifically designed for the newborns as well as kids to protect their skin from dirt, and other chemical substances in the environment.
- Mineral oil, Glycerine, Hydrolyzed milk protein
- Designed specifically for babies and kids.
- It is a brand which is clinically proven to be safe and gentle for the skin.
- Coconut oil which is a major component of the Johnson’s baby soap moisturizes the skin and maintains its softness.
- It comes with a triple baby protection.
- The hypoallergenic formula prevents the sensitive skin from any kind of irritations.
- Mildly fragrant.
- Free of harsh chemicals, artificial colours, parabens, SLS, Dyes and alcohol.
Sebamed is a mild and gentle soap for your kid’s skin and it also 100% Alkali- free bar. Ingredients like beeswax, Vitamin E and so on soothes as well as moisturizes the skin. Its high cleansing properties make it a go-to brand for many parents.
- Triticum, vulgare starch, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate,Talc, Aqua, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycine, Magnesium Aspartate and Lysine.
- Sebamed cleansing bar is an Alkali- free bar.
- It keeps the skin moisturized and healthy due to the presence of vitamin E, Amino acids and sodium Cocycl glutamate.
- The ingredients fight dry skin, inflammation, cracked skin in the right manner.
- The soap is highly effective to moistruise the skin because it consists of beeswax, panthenol, wheat germ oil plus, and lecithin.
- Mildly scented and it does not irritate the kid’s nose.
- Vitamin E maintains the natural complexion of the skin.
- It does not contain sulphate, parabens or other toxic ingredients which will affect the sensitive skin.
- Amazing cleansing properties through deep pore cleansing.
- It maintains the moisture balance of the skin.
- It has pH 5.5 and hence, it is suitable for all skin types especially dry skin type.
Baby Dove bar is popular for its moisturizing property. It is a clinically tested, dermatologist and paediatrician recommended soap for babies and kids because of its natural and mild ingredients. The soap guarantees a long period of fresh moisturized skin for your precious little one.
- Stearic Acid, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Parfum , Sodium Chloride, Zinc Oxide, Glycerin, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Alumina and Titanium Dioxide.
- Essential nutrients and ingredients which help moisturize the skin.
- Mild fragrance which does not irritate his/her nose or skin.
- It is hypoallergenic in nature and has the tear- free formula which makes it mild and safe for the skin.
- It is free of parabens, artificial colours or phthalates and hence, protects the skin.
- The 1/4th composition of the bathing bar deeply moisturizes the skin and makes it soft and hydrated.
- It also has a good cleansing property which deeply cleanses the skin pores from dust and dirt, leaving it fresh and soft.
- However, the deep cleansing does not rob the skin of its natural and essential nutrients. In contrast it maintains the natural moisture of the skin intact during the cleansing process.
- Since it is formulated with surplus amount of moisturizing agents and natural oils it makes the little one’s skin softer, unblemished and healthy.
- The soap is gluten-free and cruelty-free.
- It has long lasting fairness properties.
- Paediatrician and dermatologist recommended.
Pigeon is a significant brand of baby products. Milk is the main ingredient in the Pigeon Baby Milky soap and its benefits are twofold- firstly it moisturizes the skin and secondly it maintains the natural complexion of the skin.
The soap is specifically designed for dry allergy- prone skin. It is a great choice for your little one if she/ he have a very dry skin.
- Coconut Oil, Purified Water, Sucrosa, Glycerin, Caster Oil, Chamomilla Recutita flower water, castor oil and Jojoba Oil.
- Milk moisturizes and softens the skin and maintains and boosts the skin complexion.
- Free of parabens or sulphates which harm the skin.
- Its ingredients make it suitable to use it for cleansing on a daily basis.
- Specifically designed for dry and allergy-prone skin type.
- Good cleansing and moisturizing property.
- It is free of an artificial colour or ingredients.
- Milk also boosts natural fragrance of the skin.
- The soap is appropriate for everyday use for your babies and kids.
Bioderma Atoderm Cleansing bar is specifically designed for dry skin. Shea butter is a major ingredient in the soap and is the best remedy for acute dryness.
The results are noticeable in a few weeks time according to many customers. And it is safe for an everyday use for moisturizing your little one’s skin.
- Shea oil and Glycerine
- Paediatrician recommended brand for acute dryness of skin in babies and kids.
- Shea butter and glycerine guarantees long hours of moisturized and soft skin and makes sure that the skin does not get dry again.
- Has an amazing cleansing property to cleanse deep inside the pores.
- The bar not only moisturizes skin, but also maintains the natural pH level of the skin.
- The soap is said to reduce itchiness, inflammation and dry, cracked skin.
- It does not contain any harmful chemicals like sulphates, parabens, SLS and so on.
- The soap is very mild and gentle on the skin, thus making it suitable for everyday use.
- The bar has no artificial fragrance, but has a soothing scent which makes you kid’s bath time enjoyable and fun.
Mom and World Natural baby soap is a handcrafted product which is made through traditional methods. It is one of the safest brands with respect to its natural ingredients like coconut oil, sweet almond oil, Shea and cocoa butter and vitamin E.
Little ones’ skin is always prone to dryness, cuts and blisters. The Shea butter helps in moisturizing the skin. And the organic coconut oil helps in the fast healing of cuts and blisters on his/her skin.
- Glycerin Soap Base, Organic Virgin Coconut Oil, Castor Cold Pressed Oil, Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Sweet Almond Oil and Vitamin E.
- Safest and best option to keep your loved ones’ skin soft and moisturized.
- It is not formulated by any harsh chemicals like parabens, sulphate and artificial colours and fragrances.
- Shea butter and coconut oil prevents any kind of allergies caused by dryness and heals the cuts and blisters on the skin respectively.
- It is best suited for flaky, dry and sensitive skin.
- It keeps the skin safe from any infections caused by blisters and cuts on the skin.
- Paediatrician recommended brand for babies and kids alike.
As promised, the above list- “10 Best Soaps for Kids”- will surely help you choose the best brand for your kid to ensure a safe, protected and enjoyable bath.
The surge in the demand for natural and safe soaps for kids and babies emerged recently with the rise in urbanisation, increased purchasing power and increased concern for their kids.
The need to give their children the best no matter the price is a natural parental tendency. The 10 best soaps for kids list will help you with this task of getting the best at the best prices!
Let us make their bath time more playful, fun and safe which is devoid of infections, dryness and tears. After all, your soaps should be as tender as your touch!