The most basic hair care routines in India have involved the use of hair oils since ancient times. As much as 70% of women in India use some concoction of oil today, which has led us to investigate the best hair oil for a woman in India.
It is only natural for people, particularly women, to worry about the health of their hair. Most Indians are very conscious about the quality of their hair and consider oiling an indispensable part of their hair care routine.
Further below we have given the most used hair oil for women in India:
Satthwa Premium Hair Oil
The Satthwa Premium Hair oil tops our list of best hair oil for a woman in India. A mixture of nine, especially researched oils gives this product its unique healing properties. It is an incredible formulation that helps to keep your scalp and hair healthy while showing many other benefits.
The Satthwa Premium Hair Oil was launched back in 2016. The word ‘satthwa’ is Sanskrit for pure, signifying the main feature of this oil, that is, its authentic and pure extracts. This is a very popular product among most women in India and has received more than 50,000 orders till date.
The Satthwa Premium oil is made up of nine essential oils which greatly help in keeping your hair healthy. These include-
- Sweet almond oil
- Jojoba oil
- Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Castor Oil
- Grapeseed Oil
- Emu Oil
- Amla Oil
- This oil contains omega 6 & 9 which stops excess hair fall
- It also contains D-alpha Tocopherol which promotes hair growth
- The oil also has antibacterial and anti-dandruff properties
- The ricinoleic acid present in this oil slows down premature greying
- Most oils in this concoction gather the pollutants in the air.
- You have to use this oil in large quantities, which leads to greasy looking hair.
Satthwa Premium Hair Oil is one of the most mentioned hair oils on you tube. Its natural healing properties and goodness of nine oils are sure to not disappoint you.
Parachute Advansed Coconut Hair Oil
When it comes to hair, the most important element that is needed for their growth is love and nourishment. Providing both of these in ample, the next product on our hair oil used by women in India, is Parachute Advansed Coconut Hair Oil.
For people who follow a meticulous hair care routine, the nurturance, care and beauty provided by Parachute Advansed Coconut Hair Oil fulfils every need that might arise in their journey of getting healthy hair. If you want to provide extra nourishment, conditioning, and protection to your hair, you should definitely consider this oil.
If you want to nourish your hair with the goodness of coconut oil and vitamin E, then this product is your best option. This oil comes in a number of variants, including-
- Ayurvedic gold oil
- Advanced aloe vera coconut hair oil
- Advanced jasmine hair oil
- Advanced Hot Oil
Parachute Advansed Coconut Hair Oil helps to make your hair grow 3 times faster within one month. All you need to do is massage your hair with the oil for five minutes and leave for at least an hour for conditioning. Rest, the oil will do wonders on its own.
- This oil penetrates as much as 90% into hair strands
- It protects, nourishes, moisturizes and conditions your hair from within
- It reduces the breakage of hair by 60%
- Coconut oil is rather cold and might be difficult to apply.
- It can freeze in cold temperatures and cool the scalp, causing illness.
Parachute Advansed Hair Oil is one of the best products by Parachute, which is a pioneer in hair care solutions. If you truly want to see a difference being made to your hair, you should try this product as soon as possible.
Nihar Shanti Amla Badam Hair Oil
Nihar Shanti Badam Hair Oil has been made especially to fight hair loss and help in the growth of thick, healthy hair. Using this hair oil regularly, every week, has great quick results. Not only does this oil help in adding volume to your hair, but it also makes them smoother and silkier.
Nihar Shanti Amla Hair Oil helps to enhance hair growth by increasing pigmentation. It stops the premature graying of hair and increases the level of nourishment received by each and every strand.
- Nihar Shanti Amla Hair Oil is the largest selling hair oil in the nation.
- The oil contains the goodness of almonds and olives.
- This oil helps to get black silky hair which are three times as thick as before
- 5% of the oil’s profits go towards the education of children
- It helps increase hair strength
- It repairs any damage done to your hair
- It makes your hair softer and silkier
- Too much application of this oil leads to sticky and greasy hair.
- It contains mineral oils which might harm your hair.
For long and thick hair, Nihar Shanti Amla hair oil is one of the best picks in the country. Don’t just take our word for it, make sure that you try the product and confirm this for yourself,
Hair and Care Fruit Oil
Fruits are very rich in nutrients, be it minerals, vitamins or anti-oxidants. Hair and Care fruit oil contains all such elements which are good for your hair and your scalp.
There are two variants of Hair and Care Fruit Oil. The green variant is made up of olive, mosambi and green apple extracts while the orange variant has orange, strawberries and pomegranate extract.
In case you’re running out of hair serum, this oil can be used in its place instead. Hair and Care fruit oil gives the best result when left in your hair over night.
This oil is made up of a number of fruit extracts such as-
- Green Apple
The three of them make the green variant.
These three extracts make the orange variant. It is the only fruit infused hair oil in India which is highly nourishing and conducive to hair care.
- It helps remove dandruff
- It helps in reducing split ends
- It helps soften your hair
- It helps to make your hair grow long and strong
- The oil has anti-bacterial and anti-septic properties
- Fruit oils might not be as healthy as other plant or nut based oils.
- It contains mineral oil, which might affect the health of your hair in the long run.
If you’re bored of trying conventional hair oils every day, you might want to try hair care fruit oil
Bajaj Almond Hair Oil
Bajaj Almond hair oil happens to be one of the most used and known products in India for hair care. This is why it has landed the fifth position in our list of best hair oils in India. The hair absorbs this oil which helps the strands retain their moisture and makes your hair very soft and lustrous.
Bajaj almond hair oil is made from the goodness of almonds to help give your beautiful hair the nourishment and care which they require. Every drop of this oil has vitamin E and almond oil which will help you fight hair fall.
- This oil contains 300% more vitamin as compared to coconut oil
- It has a soothing and mild fragrance of almonds
- This oil is suitable for any hair type and style
- This oil helps rejuvenate the health of your hair naturally.
- This oil may be used by both men and women.
- Bajaj almond hair oil helps reduce hair fall an promotes hair growth by providing the nourishment of almonds to your hair.
- The non sticky formula of this oil contains chemicals which make it less effective as compared to other natural hair oils.
If you want a hair oil which is able to provide you the right nourishment for your hair, without making your scalp oily and greasy, then you should definitely give Bajaj almond hair oil a try.
Emami Navratan Hair Oil
Emami has been one of the best brands at the forefront of natural cosmetics, including hair oils. They have stood true to their vision of growing the brand through quality and innovation. Emami Navratan hair oil has been made with an exclusive mixture of 9 ayurvedic herbs that have great medical and therapeutic significance.
Emami Navratan hair oil is not only healthy for your hair but has therapeutic properties as well. It affords a cooling sensation to anyone who applies it, and gives relief from tension, sleeplessness, head ache and body ache.
It has various natural components such as:
- Sesame oil
- Rosemary oil
- Emami Navratan oil is considered world’s best therapeutic oil
- It helps improve the quality of your hair and prevents hair loss
- It helps in relieving body stress and pain
- It helps relieve stress, fatigue, tension and headache.
- It contains methanol which might not be good for your hair in the long run.
- The oil is more therapeutic than beneficial for hair growth and quality
This product has been created after years of careful research by the Emami family. For anyone who wants to relax while taking care of their hair, this oil is a must try.
Kesh King Scalp and Hair Ayurvedic Medicinal Oil
This wonderful concoction is very herbal in nature and made out of products like amla, sesame oil and retha. Kesh King is one of the most widely used hair products in the country and it deals with a number of hair care issues like softening, improving damage and stopping hair fall. This oil can be used weakly for best results.
This oil has been especially made with 21 herbs that are cooked along with essential oils such as the likes of castor, coconut and sesame oils which greatly promote hair health. This is considered to the world’s best ayurvedic hair oil, particularly for problems related to hair fall.
This oil contains 21 ayurvedic herbs including
- This oil has been clinically proven to be twice as effective as other ayurvedic oils, especially in reducing hair fall.
- It helps solve problems of hair fall, dandruff and premature graying
- It also has a deep root comb applicator which helps to stimulate the roots.
- This oil is relatively more expensive than other herbal and nut oils and comes in small quantities, which might not be enough.
Many women in the country have used Kesh King Hair Oil and discovered that their hair has grown much healthier and longer than before. Do try this product for yourself.
Himalaya Herbals Anti Hair Fall Oil
This oil has been particularly made to fight hair loss. Himalaya herbals Anti Hair Fall Oil happens to be one of the most ideal anti-hair fall oil that one can go for. The protein formula nourishes the hair roots while Neem and Bael work together to keep the scalp free of infections.
It is made up of various components which naturally boost the growth of your hair, such as
- This oil may be used for a number of hair problems including thinning and graying hair.
- It helps improve tensile strength of your hair
- This oil can be used by both men and women
- This oil helps to strengthen hair roots
- This oil also contains fenugreek which is rich in lechitin and protein that strengthen the hair roots.
- The liquid of this oil is not very sturdy and is difficult to apply
- The oil tends to get thick in the winter.
If you’re looking for a strong protein formula to help strengthen your hair, then you should definitely give Himalaya Herbals Anti Hair Fall Oil a try.
Khadi Natural Tulsi Herbal Hair Oil
Khadi Natural Tulsi Herbal Hair Oil is 100% natural and contains a blend of very rich nutrients which foster hair growth and improve hair-quality. The oil comes in good packing which is customary to Khadi and the bottle has a two in one cap. It is greatly helpful in making hair naturally long and healthy.
- This oil is infused with Tulsi and fosters hair growth
- This is a herbal ayurvedic hair oil which reduces hair fall and helps improve hair-quality.
- It stimulates hair growth
- It helps to improve the condition of a dry scalp
- It helps to recover from and prevent damage
- It nourishes hair and maintains their color
- The oil does not have many components other than tulsi, which means that it does not have a variety of benefits.
If you want to try a hair oil which is completely natural and without any mineral oils, then Khadi Natural Tulsi Herbal Hair Oil is a safe option.
Dabur Amla Hair Oil
The last entry in our list of best Indian hair oils is the famous Dabur Amla hair oil. This comes loaded with a number of ayurvedic ingredients and is very rich in vitamin C. The oil helps your hair become softer and shinier.
It contains a number of natural components which help keep your hair healthy, such as:
- Indian gooseberry
- Sesame oil
- Canola oil
- Peanut oil
- Cotton oil
- Helps to make hair thicker
- Makes hair shinier
- The oil is not very sticky or greasy
- It has a very strong smell which might not be liked by some people
- It also contains some chemicals which are not altogether healthy for your hair
Oiling your hair is essential to make sure that your scalp stays nourished and does not dry up. Massaging your head with oil that suits your hair helps prevent premature graying of hair and keeps them healthy in the long run.
Above we have given some of the best hair oils that are available in the market right now, all you have to do is take your pick.