Impulsive and reckless driving is a commonplace occurrence in India with road accidents becoming more and more frequent in the recent years. Today, we are investigating into the best helmet brands in India to ensure that all our riders, who are out on the street, can take the right measures to guarantee their personal safety.
In this article we have not only talked about the best helmets in India but also provided in depth information on these much needed accessories. We understand the importance of your safety and thus want to make sure that you get the best headgears in the market. When you are trying to buy a new helmet, you will have to face a plethora of choices. In the article below, we have broken down some of these brands for you.
The helmets made by Vega are built to be both stylish, long lasting and also have a host of other features, which make it top our list of best Indian helmets. They have a robust construction and do not weigh too much, making them easy to wear and carry. These are mostly open faced helmets and you can easily adjust the front flip according to your requirements.
The overall ventilation of the helmets is excellent because of the way they have been designed. Thus, even with long hours of wearing this helmet, you will not get sweaty or uncomfortable. Open faced helmets also mean that you can easily have food or water without having to take the helmet off time and again.
- It has stylish looks and great durability.
- It comes in various types such as-
- Atom black
- Atom pink and red
- Cruiser Helmets
- Evo BT Dull Anthracite Helmet
- Junior Buds Pink Helmet
- Vega Verve Helmets
- Gangster Helmets
- Vega has helmets that have been made separately for both men and women.
- Its helmets offer great ventilation and stop you from getting too sweaty while riding.
- The helmets are very stylish and easy to wear.
- This is a very trustworthy brand that has been supplying head-gear since 1994.
- The helmets provided by Vega are relatively more expensive when compared to other helmet brands.
Studds Helmets land the second place in our list. These helmets are highly affordable and considered some of the best bike-wear products in their range of prices. The Studds helmets’ visor has been coated by silicon and this polycarbonate structure can easily withstand blows or damages.
The material making the helmet is also very sturdy and if this head gear is used with a bit of care, it can easily last for a long time. However the material which makes this helmet so durable also affords it its heavy weight and in case you want to spend a considerable amount of time on your bike, then you might find these helmets a bit uncomfortable.
- The material used in building Studds Helmets is very sturdy and offers great protection
- The visor section has been made more durable by means of a silicon coating.
- It is available in various types such as-
- Full face helmet, Ninja series
- Full face helmet, Golf Eco series
- Open Face Unisex Helmet
- Studds Sporting Helmet
- The size and fit is ideally comfortable for anyone.
- It has a sleek and stylish look because of the use of polycarbonates.
- It has a well cushioned soft internal section which makes it very comfortable to wear.
- Studds helmets are trusted internationally, in countries of Europe, North America, Africa etc.
- Some people might find it heavy because of its sturdy material.
- The design does not appeal to people who are looking for something trendy or modern.
Steelbird Hi-GN helmets are made for people of all age and gender. These helmets are majorly targeted towards the youth and they come with full face and half face visors, as per your choice and convenience. The helmets have been designed very carefully, with extra care having been taken to make the helmet durable.
Many Steelbird helmets come equipped with AUX technology which enables the riders to talk while they are riding their bikes. The technology of the helmet allows the rider to use his earphones as long as his phone’s battery lasts.
- Steelbird helmets like SBA-1 HF comes with noise cancellation features through one directional microphones
- There are various types of helmets such as-
- Steelbird SB-42 Bang Red Motorbike Helmet
- SB-43 Yo Yo Motorbike Helmet
- SB-35 Dashing Motorbike Helmet
- Steelbird Air Sba 1 free live- full face helmet
- Steelbird helmets are very comfortable and safe at the same time.
- The helmets are very stylish and all of them come with a unique design.
- These helmets also come equipped with advance AUX technology.
- There are several kinds of helmets to pick from, such as open face helmets, full face helmets, flip up helmets and so on.
- When compared to its rivals, Steelbird helmets are slightly more expensive
LS2 helmets are a great option if you’re looking for durable biking-gear at affordable prices. Ever since the start of this company, LS2 has launched a number of headpieces which have turned out to be of great quality as well as efficiency.
Although most LST helmets are rather expensive, there are variants like LS2 FF352 which is rather cheap and easy on the pockets. These helmets are available in different styles and colors and most of them are equipped with a singles chin vent which can be opened easily with the help of a slider.
- The helmets have exhaust vents at the rear for better ventilation.
- The helmets by LS2 are highly durable and safe.
- It has a number of variants like-
- Verso OF570
- Track OF569
- Spitfire OF599
- Sphere OF558
- Airflow OF562
- LS2 helmets have excellent ventilation and superior breathability
- These helmets can easily suppress loud noises
- The visor in these helmets has been made from scratch-resistant material
- The helmets are very comfortable and snug
- The visor might fog up at times when you’re moving at high speed.
- Some helmets do not have many size variants.
Wrangler lands the fifth spot in our list of best helmets made in India. We have chosen to give this brand the middle spot because of its consistent and quality products. Wrangler is basically a clothing manufacturing company based in America and operational since 1904. The brand has also taken a dip into the head-gear industry.
If you want low cost helmets that are also good in quality, then wrangler is the brand to pick from. These helmets are ISI approved and provide great safety to their wearers while being stylish at the same time.
- The helmets from wrangler are resistant to scratches and cracks.
- The helmets are capable of handling heavy impact and help the rider get a clear view of the way which lies ahead.
- The visor works very well in protecting your eyes from harmful UV radiation and helps you ride comfortably.
- The compact design of these helmets ensures that they do not come off easily in case of any accident.
- These helmets fit your head perfectly. This is important to ensure that there is no unnecessary wind noise while you are riding.
- The helmets are light weight with a plain visor.
- It does not have a lot of variants.
There are a number of helmets provided by Royal Enfield which will match up to your needs and requirements. There are variants of helmets like Royal Enfield Matt Black which are made from fiberglass components and are manufactured only by Royal Enfield.
Unlike the other open faced helmets in India, the variants from Royal Enfield can easily absorb high amounts of impacts. On the other hand, fiberglass adds a stylish, glossy touch to the overall design of the helmet which makes its appearance very attractive.
- The inner sections of these helmets have been built from knit-mesh material and polyester.
- The helmets are very comfortable to wear, even for long periods of time.
- The inner lining of the head-gear can be removed so you can clean every spot on the helmets easily.
- It has several variants such as-
- Open face tan helmet
- Street Nimbus Helmet
- Spirit Helmet
- HEA150002 Open Face Helmet
- Drifter Helmet
- Royal Enfield has some of the best open face helmets in the country in terms of durability.
- These helmets have a unique design and are very stylish.
- The weight of these helmets is not much, making them easy to wear.
- The inner lining of these helmets is soft and cozy.
- Some of these helmets are not able to protect the face of the wearer.
Aerostar is one of the best Indian companies in the headgear and bike-wear market. The headquarters of this company are located in the Bhiwadi Industrial Area, 60 km away from the Delhi airport. Aerostar has been producing some of the most trusted helmets since 1995.
- These helmets are highly affordable and make excellent quality headgear.
- Aerostar is ISO certified and has the ISI whole mark in many of its products.
- The inner lining of the helmet is very soft and comfortable
- Many helmets of Aerostar are scratch resistant.
- The brand has high impact ABS shell in its helmets.
- The interiors of the helmets are hygienic and have breathable padding.
- You can easily get the right size of helmet as the brand provides a number of variants.
- There are not a lot of variants available under Aerostar.
THH is an acronym that stands for Tong Ho Hsing. This is a Taiwanese brand which has been manufacturing premium quality helmets for many countries around the world since 1974. THH makes helmets from high technology substances like Carbon Fiber Kevlar which has excellent strength to weight ratio.
- It is an international brand and supplied helmets to United States, Europe, Japan, Australia, India, Latin America, etc.
- It has variants like-
- THH Full Face Helmet
- THH Hazard Red Motocross Helmet
- THH Black Half Face Helmet
- THH Open Face Helmet
- The helmets are made using 3D software and analysis tools that ensure the quality of the helmet.
- The outer shells of these helmets are sturdy and durable.
- It can be used by both men and women.
- No visible drawback has been found.
SHOEI is a Japanese company which has been producing a number of bike helmets since 1959. All the helmets are designed and manufactured within Japan, from where they are distributed internationally, in Europe and America. It is a relatively small company with a workforce of under 500 people, however, its success in the market has been huge.
- The helmets were the first of their kind to have introduced carbon-fiber helmets in the mid 1970s.
- It has variants like –
- SHOEI Solid Helmet
- SHOEI Capacitor Helmet
- SHOEI Motorcycle Helmet
- SHOEI Expanse Helmet
- The products have high graphics which appeal to the masses.
- The helmets are light weight and easy to wear.
- Some people might find that these helmets are much more pricey than their rivals.
SMK keeps making additions to its inventory of bike helmets. It has numerous variants like the MA200 and MA243 which are ECE certified and make excellent full face helmets. These helmets have a host of features along with Bluetooth compatibility. This makes these helmets very convenient and technologically rich.
The helmets have been made with authentic EIRT which makes them look very unique and stylish. If you want to buy a helmet which offers you protection while improving your looks, then SMK variants are a must buy. These helmets are easy to wear and very comfortable because of which they have landed the last place in our list of best helmet brands in India.
- The EIRT material used to make these helmets is very robust and capable of enduring heavy impacts.
- Despite being very robust and sturdy, the helmets do not weigh too much.
- It has a number of variants such as-
- SMK Glide
- Hybrid Evo
- El dorado
- The helmets have a thick inner padding, which is not found often in this price range.
- There are beautiful graphics on the headgears.
- The helmets are well ventilated and offer excellent breathability.
- The air vents in the helmet are adjustable.
- The helmet could feel rather tight when worn for the first time.
A person can never be too careful when it comes to personal safety. The first thing that comes to our mind, when we talk about biking, are helmets, which are very important for our protection in case we find ourselves in a compromising position on the road.
We are sure that you have found your perfect safety companion in the list that we have put together. Go ahead and try one (or more) of these headgears for yourself and find out what suits you best.